The name of the award comes from a German word “Liebster” which means “the dearest” and apparently an English word “Award”. Which makes it impossible to say three times in a row while trying to be exact with the pronunciations and accents. Or is it just me? (I can see you trying it now!)
Liebster award is a prize for newbie/starting bloggers from other bloggers and it works on a chain letter principles. The one who nominated you for the award has posted 10 questions. In order to accept the award you have to answer them and obviously think of other 10 questions to ask bloggers you will nominate (5-10 newbie bloggers). It’s a nice way how to introduce yourself a little more to your readers while you’re still being more than cool – it’s still an AWARD! Yay 🙂
In my case, I received a nomination from Veronica who runs an amazing blog The Travel Sorority. I’d like to officially thank her and recommend you to check her travel posts, especially if you’re looking for Australia and/or New Zealand related advice 😉
Here are the questions I’ve received from Veronica:
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
I’ve started it as an easy way how to inform family and friends while being on an exchange semester in Incheon, South Korea. It is also very practical to keep the memories alive, so consequently, it turned into a nice hobby I’d say.
- What has been your biggest challenge to overcome as a blogger?
The biggest one is still yet to come. It might come off as little strange, but it is the point of hosting a domain. That means taking myself and blogging more seriously than just a nice hobby.
- What have you learnt about yourself through blogging?
I’ve learnt how to express myself and how to introduce my feelings and experiences to you while keeping it understandable 😀 yeah, totally something needed..
- If you could wake up anywhere in the world, where would it be?
To name just one place turned out to be impossible. So I’d say Bath, Saint Tropez, Avignon, Strasbourg, Dubrovnik, Rotterdam, Oxford,.. after all, Prague is cool enough too 🙂
- If you could speak any other language what would it be?
Probably Finnish since there’s not too many people speaking it. So it also works perfectly as a secret language if you need one. (Like if Czech is not good enough, hahah)
- What would you choose as your last meal on earth?
Definitely a quiche with salmon. Or a Korean BBQ 😛
- What is your favourite quote?
“When the world comes to an end, I’ll move to Vienna because everything happens there 50 years later.”
- What advice would you give to your teenage self?
Probably not to take everything too seriously, the real sh*t is yet to come.
- If you could have a superpower what would it be?
To stop the time – it comes really handy when travelling. If you need to capture the beautiful scene or if your’re running late for a plane..
Here comes the part you might be most interested in – the nominations.
I chose 6 other travel bloggers which I found appealing and unique, each in a her own way. Ready?
I put up a list of question that I find interesting and I would like to know about you. Or even would like to receive them myself maybe. They are equally spread into sections about blogging and travelling. Can’t wait to read your asnwer dear nominees! 🙂
- Do you need any special environment while writing your blog?
- Which post of yours are you most proud of and why?
- Who is your biggest supporter/motivator in blogging?
- If you have to give 3 easy tips for starting bloggers, what would they be?
- What keeps you motivated for blogging?
- What is your next destination?
- What special item you always take with you on travels?
- Name your 3 top cuisines you’ve tasted.
- What was the biggest surprise while travelling?
- Where was the most breath-taking view that you’ll remember forever?
That’s it! Keep in mind to continue the chain in order to help more new bloggers to get some extra attention. Hope you’ll like it, looking forward to hearing from you soon 😉 .. and Congratulations!